Gunmen Lay In Wait As Father Checked on Unfinished Building, Killing Father and Young Son
The father and four-year-old son killed in Rock Sound, Eleuthera over the weekend, occurred when the family went to check on a house under construction.
The man identified as Jameric Greene and toddler Jeremy were shot when the family was ambushed by gunmen.
What is known
- The house under construction is distant from the main road.
- The father pleaded with gunmen not to shoot while he held the little boy. The mother told the Tribune, her husband said, “Don’t shoot, I have my son in my hand, please don’t shoot.”
- The mother said one of the gunmen started to shoot at her, but she ran into the bush.
- The four-year-old died along with his father during the shootout, as the mother ran for cover.
- The little boy was shot in the thigh as he pleaded to his mother, “Mummy get the doctor, please get the doctor.”
- The assailants jumped into the victim’s vehicle and drove off.
- Police say the assailants may not have been aware that other children were in the backseat of the vehicle.
- The assailants ditched the car and the children were found on a ‘dirt road.’
- The children were later reunited with their mother.
- One of the children is a newborn baby, as the mother returned to the island on Saturday after giving birth in Nassau.
The big picture
This incident seems to be a trend in the killing of children in the context of shootings. Over the last three weeks, this is the third child to be murdered.