What Happened to Shenique Miller’s Sister and How Did She Die?
Click to Listen Now
Veteran journalist and new host of Beyond the Headlines Shenique Miller is accusing the country’s premier health facility of negligence following the death of her sister.
Miller took to social media to blame Princess Margaret Hospital for “poor care” and the “lackluster manner” in which it administered care to Swanson Miller Bridgewater.
Here’s what Miller says happened
- Bridgewater visited PMH late that afternoon, with shortness of breath and weakness.
- She was held in the Accident and Emergency Department where she was given water to drink.
- She was given drips since she felt weak and dehydrated.
- A family friend, also an employee at the hospital gave her a cup of water and tea.
- Bridgewater was soon discharged by a nurse.
- She called Miller for assistance, concerned that she was still not feeling well with difficulty breathing.
- Miller called a senior official for help in the matter.
- Bridgewater was still discharged by that night and had difficulty getting from the car to the house.
- The hiplok used for the drip was removed from her arm.
- She continued to breathe laboriously.
- She became painful.
- Bridgewater died.
PMH has not responded to the accusations made by Miller.