Officials Report 9 COVID-19 Deaths; 118 New Infections
Click to Listen Now
Health officials have reported nine new COVID-19 related deaths on Saturday.
The COVID-19 update released by the Ministry of Health shows that these recent deaths occurred between July 20 and August 3, ranging from age 20 to 74-years-old.
- 20-year-old male of New Providence July 20
- 50-year-old female of New Providence July 20
- 41-year-old male of New Providence July 20
- 54-year-old female of New Providence July 23
- 74-year-old male of New Providence July 29
- 54-year-old female of Eleuthera July 29
- 24-year-old female of New Providence July 29
- 42-year-old male of Berry Island July 29
- 50-year-old female of New Providence August 3
Seven of the deaths occurred in New Providence, one death occurred in The Berry Islands and one was in Eleuthera.
To date, the country has recorded 304 deaths due to the infectious disease. Thirty-five remain under investigation.
This comes as the country battles 118 new cases reported on Sunday–Eighty-five in New Providence; 13 in GB, 6 in Abaco, 13 in Eleuthera, and 1 in Andros.
On Friday, 228 new COVID-19 cases were reported, representing the highest number of cases reported in a single day since the start of the pandemic.
Prime Minister Hubert Minnis is expected to address the nation on Monday at 8 pm in regard to his government’s plans for the current COVID-19 Emergency Order.