Exuma Boating Accident Injures 8 People
Eight people were reported injured in Exuma on Saturday after a vessel hit a reef.
Police said 22 people were onboard when the accident occurred in the area of Buck Cay, Exuma.
Here’s what we know
- Shortly after 8:00 p.m, officers at the George Town Police Station received information of a boating accident that occurred.
- Police met a cruise craft partially submerged in waters.
- The vessel had a three member crew and 19 passengers aboard when it collided with a reef.
- Eight people were injured and everyone on board were helped to the mainland by other boaters–5 men and 3 women.
- The injured are being treated for non-life threatening injuries at the area clinic.