In Pictures: Former Parliamentarian Darrell Rolle Lies in State
Click to Listen Now
Governor-General and parliamentarians gathered in Rawson Square to honour the life of Former Parliamentarian, Hon. Darrell E. Rolle. The national flag was presented to the family. Hon. Darrell Rolle lies-in-state in the foyer of the House of Assembly.
Who is he?
- A former cabinet minister in the Pindling administration.
- Darrell Rolle died at his home at 77 years of age.
- He represented the Mangrove Cay constituency in Andros from 1971 until his retirement in 1997.
- He was elected to the House of Assembly at age 28 after a bye-election.
- Rolle served as minister of transport, minister of home affairs, minister of labour, minister of education and culture, and minister of works and utilities, among other posts.
- Rolle’s last appointment was minister of national security, a position he held from 1990 until August 1992, when the PLP was voted out of office.
(BIS Photos/Patrick Hanna and Letisha Henderson)
Former PM Ingraham Says Govt is ‘Very Wrong’ on Official Funeral for Rolle – CSJ Report-Understand Bahamian News
[…] serving in the Pindling administration. His last appointment was Minister of National Security, a position he held from 1990 until August 1992, when the PLP was voted out of […]
Saddened to note the passing of darrel rolle who lived in a hostel in Kensington in 1967-69 called Lee abbey for commonwealth students …he was very politically driven and a supporter of Mr Pindling government while still as an undergraduate. I met Philip Dean and Norris Carroll during that time and lost contact with all of them . Remember Philips mother being a minister in Mr Pindling government when I returned to Sri Lanka ..my deepest sympathies to his family,and would be so happy to hear from them. RIP Darrel you left us to soon
Such fond memories. Hope you can reestablish contact with Mr. Rolle’s family.