Suspects in Yellow Elder Murder Case Being Sought by Police
The man found shot to death on Graham Drive in Yellow Elder Gardens Thursday morning, still has not been identified, but police are looking for the suspects in this homicide case.
What is known
- Citizens alerted police to the body after 7am, where the body lay through a track road.
- The man pronounced dead by EMS is believed to be in his 30’s.
- A vehicle was found parked near the body but police are unsure if it is the property of the victim.
- The body was found about 30 feet from the vehicle.
- The victim is believed to have been at the scene for nearly 12 hours.
- An image obtained by CSJ Report, shows the victim dressed in a white tee-shirt and long blue jeans pants, lying faceup with bullet holes piercing his upper body.
What police say about the crime-ridden area
Police spokesman ASP Audley Peters visited the scene and spoke to reporters:
- “Historically, this area has been used for criminal activity.”
- “In the past, we’ve had incidents that would’ve occurred in the back here. That’s why we encourage persons not to travel on track roads…This is an area that we don’t suggest individuals travel through. If you look at the terrain, anything notorious is liable to happen in areas such as this,” Peters said.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to reach out to the Criminal Investigations Department at 502-9991/2.
“We also want to appeal to friends and family who may know of individuals who are in possession of illegal firearms to report them to the police because we are seeing an increase in the use of firearms as a result of altercations between individuals and they’re seeking to resolve the matters outside of the law,” Peters said.
“When persons have altercations, the best way to resolve things [is] to either find a mediator [or] step back and take a second look at what the argument is about, rather than resorting to violence and the use of edge tools or firearms,” he said.