Yamacraw Boating Accident Leaves One Man Dead After Boat Jumps Wall
One man is dead following a boat accident in Palm Cay, Yamacraw, after the boat ran aground, caught afire, and was left stranded in the vicinity of a private residence.
What is known
- The accident occurred after 12 pm.
- The adult men were returning from fishing to the marina when the boat stroke an object in the water.
- Three passengers were ejected, one was pronounced dead and the other passengers were rescued by a passing boat.
- The 40-foot contender caught afire when it ran aground, but the fire was extinguished by Royal Bahamas Fire Services.
- An autopsy will determine the exact cause of death regarding the one passenger found dead in the water.
- The rescued passengers were in their mid-to-late 50’s.
- They are said to be in “fair” condition having declined to be treated at the hospital.
Featured image: Eye Witness News