Liberal News Call the US Election in Joe Biden’s Favor
Click to Listen Now
The Associated Press and CNN have announced Joe Biden as the 46th president of the United States as he surpassed the 270 electoral votes, the number required to win.
Why it matters
The 78-year-old will be the oldest president of the United States, but President Donald Trump says the election is far from over as he challenges the election in court amid allegations of election fraud.
What Joe Biden says
- Biden in a press statement on Saturday stated, “I am honored and humbled by the trust the American people have placed in me and in Vice President-elect Harris.”
- He has campaigned as a unifier as the USA appears divided over race and the handling of the coronavirus. He said, “The voters made it clear, they want the country to come together and not pull apart.”
What Donald Trump says
- Trump indicated that he will not concede as he issued a statement saying, “The simple fact is this election is far from over.”
- Kamala Harris as vice president is expected to be the first black woman in that role.
- Donald Trump was at a golf club when the news broke that Biden was the projected winner.
- Biden is expected to give a victory speech tonight at 8 pm, as president-elect.
- Biden is coming in as president during COVID-19 and economic challenges.
- Election results are recorded as close as Trump challenges votes in Wisconsin, Georgia and Pennsylvania.
- Trump is arguing discrepancies in vote counts, access to votes and fraud.
Featured image: thenation.com