Sunday, October 25, 2020

4 New Cases of COVID-19

Health Minister said the number steadily grew to 9 in total

Four more cases of COVID-19 have been discovered in the country.

On Thursday at a press conference, Minister of Health Duane Sands revealed that there are now a total of 9 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the Bahamas.

He revealed that one of the latest victims had travelled outside of the country to the Dominican Republic.

Dr. Sands said, “The Ministry of Health has confirmed 9 cases of the virus in The Bahamas. The first four previously announced cases are in New Providence. The fifth case is in Grand Bahama and had no significant travel history.

“The most recently 4 confirmed cases are in New Providence. Only one has recent travel history.

That case traveled to the Dominican Republic on 13th March. All of the most recently confirmed 4 cases are in home isolation and are being closely monitored by healthcare professionals.

“They do not require hospitalization at this time.”

Dr. Sands confirmed that the first case was discharged from hospital and health officials continue to follow the condition of the three other COVID-19-positive cases in New Providence and the one case in Grand Bahama.

He said they all remain in isolation at home, do not require hospitalization at this time and are in stable condition.

Dr. Sands said contact tracing is aggressively underway, and medical personnel are contacting the majority of people who were in contact with the initial case.

He added that 175 people have been tested so far, 2300 kits are in New Providence, with 60 ventilators, with more ventilators on the way.

#covid19 #coronavirus #bahamas

Show More

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: