The COVID-19 Number Goes up by One
Click to Listen Now
The recent victim is a resident of Freeport, Grand Bahama, unrelated to the other cases
One more coronavirus patient has been added to the list, bringing the total number to 5 COVID19 confirmed cases in the country.
Minister of Health Duane Sands at a press conference on Tuesday said the latest case is in the nation’s second city, Freeport, Grand Bahama, and the victim is without travel history.
This would also make the first case outside of the capital.
Last week, Sands revealed the three cases in New Providence and indicated that they were all connected to the first case, a 61 year old woman without travel history.
He said at the time, after health officials conducted contact tracing, it was revealed that the victims had travelled to regions that were hit with the virus– Canada, Trinidad and Tobago and Dubai.
Sands said the surveillance team of the Ministry of Health is aggressively conducting contact tracing to find any suspected case related to this fifth victim.
Sands said to date, nearly 200 individuals have been tested.
Presently, according to the Ministry of Health, 4 persons remain in quarantine and 38 have been released.