Bahamian fugitive arrested in Tennessee after sex crime with a minor in the Bahamas
|
Click to Listen Now
Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...
|
A Bahamian man wanted in the Bahamas for sexual assault against a minor was arrested in Tennessee by US authorities and found with three children in his care.
INTERPOL Washington said 34-year-old Angelo McQueen traveled to Florida on March 1 as a B2 non-immigrant visitor and was believed to be living at a home in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, according to WJBF News.
Authorities believed he kidnapped his daughter and brought her with him to the United States.

Last year, McQueen was brought to the Magistrates Court in the Bahamas to face two counts of unlawful intercourse which occurred with a 14-year-old girl in January and December of 2022. He was not required to enter a plea to the charges because he was due to face trial in the Supreme Court, according to the Nassau Guardian.
It is not clear when he received bail, but it is believed McQueen left the Bahamas on March 1 for the United States.
INTERPOL took McQueen into custody on July 5 in a joint operation by the U.S. Marshal Service, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and INTERPOL Washington, and the three children found inside his residence were placed in the care of the Tennessee Department of Children’s Services.
“This joint operation underscores the vital importance of international cooperation and swift action to find dangerous fugitives and protect our most vulnerable,” said INTERPOL Washington Acting Director Jeffrey Grimming. “We thank our great USMS and ICE partners for their immediate response and will continue to offer our tools, resources, and global network in the fight for justice.”
At the time of his arrest, McQueen was employed by the Dollywood amusement park in Pigeon Forge as a cleaner.
McQueen is now in ICE custody, pending removal proceedings, INTERPOL Washington said.
