London Creek Bridge Opens in Central Andros
London Creek Bridge in Central Andros was officially opened today by Prime Minister Hubert Minnis.
The natural creek was negatively impacted by the construction of roads across it, but today, the completion of a new bridge prevents blockage of the London creek.
Why it matters
- The London Creek project is important for the surrounding area as it will help to regenerate the natural flora and fauna of the creek system.
- This will provide a catalyst for ecotourism in Andros by providing residents and visitors with the opportunity to experience the beauty of the natural creeks’ ecosystems.
- A contract was signed in June 2019, with SJK Engineering & Construction, for the construction of the culverts.
- The contract was in the amount of $2,126,916.51.
- The installation of culverts increases the water flow and allow small crafts to pass under the road with headroom of 7 to 8 feet at a high water level.
- There is a vehicle guardrail on the approaches to the structure and line markings and signs.