Police ‘Relieved of Duties’ after Exuma Shooting Victim Dies. What is Known
A police officer in Exuma has been relieved of his duties after the shooting of a man on that island on Wednesday night.
What we know
- The victim is Jarvis Burrows.
- The incident occurred after 9 pm in Exuma Island, allegedly over possession of a bag of marijuana.
- It involved an off-duty police officer.
- The man was shot in his lower extremities.
- The victim was taken to an Exuma medical facility for treatment.
- The man died at 11 pm while waiting for an air ambulance at the Exuma airport to be taken to New Providence for medical care.
What a video shows
- A video circulated shows the man lying on the ground in a pool of blood while an officer stands over, taking a small baggie of suspected marijuana out of his hand.
- The officer is seen with a gun in his hand.
- A man known to both the victim and the officer pleads for “Anderson” to take Jarvis to the hospital.
What’s not known
- It is not known what led to the shooting.