COVID-19 Vaccine Opened to Persons 50 years and Over, Persons with Disabilities, Restaurant and Retail workers
Click to Listen Now
COVID-19 vaccine opened to persons 50 years and over, persons with disabilities, restaurant and retail workers.
Persons 50 years of age and over and restaurant and retail workers may begin making appointments to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, effective immediately.
Appointments may be made on https://vax.gov.bs for the following vaccination sites:
• Kendal G.L. Isaacs National Gymnasium, New Providence
• Loyola Hall, Gladstone Road, New Providence
• Church of God of Prophecy, East Street, New Providence
• Baha Mar, Cable Beach, New Providence
• Atlantis, Paradise Island
• Susan J. Wallace Community Centre, Grand Bahama
Persons with disabilities and their caregivers on New Providence may begin making appointments to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, starting Monday 12 April. Appointments may be made at https://vax.gov.bs for the vaccination site at Stapledon School, Dolphin Drive.
Please note that the Stapledon School vaccination site is reserved for persons with disabilities only.
Eligible priority groups now include:
• Healthcare workers
• Persons 50 years of age and older
• Persons with disabilities
• Uniformed branches (RBDF, RBPF, COVID Ambassadors, BDOCS, Customs and
• Teachers and staff of schools
• Hospitality workers (hotel and resort employees, public transportation workers,
Lynden Pindling International Airport (LPIA), Nassau Airport Development (NAD)
Co., Nassau Cruise Port (NCP), straw market, port and beach vendors and tour
• Restaurant and retail workers
• Students and athletes studying or competing abroad, coaches and other support
• Home-bound physically disabled residents
• Members of the clergy
• Accredited media (editors, reporters/anchors, photographers and videographers)
To register a homebound physically challenged resident with the COVID-19 Vaccine Mobile Unit please email email@example.com or call (242) 376-9017.
For residents who do not have access to the internet, walk-up appointments are available at the Church of God of Prophecy, East Street.
Please note that for those with appointments at the Atlantis vaccination site, the Paradise Island bridge toll will be waived. Proof of appointment is required.
Only persons eligible to receive the vaccine at this time should make an appointment.
A valid work ID indicating proof of occupation and/or proof of age is required at the vaccination center. In the case of students and athletes, student ID and proof of competition will be required.
Information on the COVID-19 vaccination roll-out on Abaco will be released shortly.
To date, more than 15,000 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered on New Providence, Grand Bahama and Eleuthera.